About Memphis Net Impact
Memphis Professional Chapter of Net Impact
The Chapter is affiliated with the national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization Net Impact, an international organization with a mission to “improve the world by growing and strengthening a network of new leaders who are using the power of business to make a positive net social, environmental, and economic impact.” Shorthand terms frequently used for this approach to business are “corporate social responsibility” (CSR) and “the triple bottom line” (social, environmental, and economic impact).
The Memphis Professional Chapter was recognized on December 15, 2006. Professional chapters tend to focus on continuing education, promotion concerning best practices, site visits, awards, and support resources for CSR and networking.
Student Net Impact Chapters in Tennessee
At the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University, a student chapter of Net Impact has been active for several years. Each year, Net Impact chooses a business school to host their unnual 2,000-person conference. This year, the Owen School is proud and honored to announce that the Owen Graduate School of Management has been chosen to host the 2007 conference.
Owen Graduate School of Management Chapter
- Founded in 1993 by MBA students
- 10,000+ members
- 125 chapters to date
- 17 professional city-based chapters
- 17 international chapters (including Argentina, Germany, Canada, Australia, India, France, Spain, Italy, and the Netherlands)
- 42 of the top 50 MBA schools (according to US News & World Report rankings) and 29 of the top 30 MBA schools (according to BusinessWeek rankings) have Net Impact chapters
Range of Issues
- Ethics and accountability
- Positive workplace practices
- Social entrepreneurship
- Nonprofit management.
- Alternative and renewable energy
- Waste reduction and lifecycle management
- Green construction
- Socially responsible investing
To maximize the impact of its international network, Net Impact is committed to significantly increasing its network of business leaders who are inspired, committed, and equipped to use the power of business to create a better world. For more information, please visit http://www.netimpact.org/.